Friday, March 23, 2007

Miniatures wargaming meets car insurance

This is a link to a Geico car insurance ad. I have no idea how long it will stay at this site.

http://www.furlined.com/content/qt.php?id=32984

Instead of cavemen they are directing the commercial at miniature wargamers. The city is Troy, and it was created by a wargamer who posted about it on The Miniatures Page.

For the record, I don't wear armour when I game!

I think the commercial is neat, and not really mean spirited. I hate the new Altel ad that makes fun of roleplayers and geeks all in the span of a few seconds. I'd really like to know just how many people play roleplaying games in the U.S., and then write to Altel asking them if it's wise to alienate that many people.

Now I'm going to go back and drool over the guy's game room...

No comments: