Sunday, November 19, 2006

Grey Cup Sunday *sigh*

Tonight, at 5 pm Central, is the Grey Cup game, Canada's (usually superior) version of the Super Bowl. This year it kind of snuck up on me. I know it's usually the weekend before U.S. Thanksgiving, but I hadn't been paying attention to the CFL much this year and missed it.

I can watch it live, on a webcast, but they want $11.95 (Canadian, but these days the exchange rate isn't much different) to view it. I tested our broadband connection and it would run fine, but I'm not sure I want to pay C$12 to view it in a tiny screen. I don't mean that my laptop screen is tiny, but that the player window is pretty small. I suspect that seeing the details of the game would be difficult. I'd also be more prone to watch the game if I had seen more of the season. All that I found online suggests that the B.C. Lions are favoured by quite a bit over the Montreal Alouettes. My Argonauts lost to Montreal in the Eastern Final.

If it was half the price, I'd jump at it. I'd be more tempted if the screen was bigger, too. It's cheaper, too, to watch an archived game than to watch it live. Maybe they will offer the Grey Cup game at the archived price after tonight.

Maybe next year I'll be able to follow the Argos on the web, throughout the season.

No comments: