Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another example of synchronicity

A couple of posts ago I mentioned synchronicity, the weird little coincidences that pop out at you. Here's another one.

Today, on RPG.net I read a review of Wraeththu, a thoroughly awful roleplaying game by all accounts. The author of the review used this phrase: "He looks like a gamer version of a Keene painting."

At the same time as I was reading that, I opened a TV review article on Salon. I'm just now reading it. The phrase that pops out at me? "The studly, flawless good guy saves an adorable foreign child with eyes straight out of a Keane painting..."

The darnedest thing. And I don't think I'd ever seen a Keane painting, not until I Googled it just now. The eyes on some of the pictures look remarkably like the aliens I'd been looking at on a clipart web site earlier today.

Weird, indeed.

No comments: