Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day, part 2!

It snowed last night. Like, really snowed. Some 2 inches of the stuff (by my crude "sticking my finger in the snow" method). The snow was heavy, wet packing snow, the type that's perfect for snowball fights.

This is the view from the apartment as I was letting the dog out this morning:

Snow Day 01 - 2010-02-12

The vehicles on the end are ours. This is the first vehicle I've owned in 9 years that's been covered in snow!

It wasn't until later that I remember: I don't have a snow brush! I had to use a Swiffer wet mop as a squeegee to clear off the car, while having a snowball fight with Logan.


This is the view of a neighbouring apartment through the trees behind our apartment:

Snow Day 03 - 2010-02-12


Neighbours made a little snowman this morning. Sabine checked it out:

Snow Day 04 - 2010-02-12

She was still unsure of this snow stuff, as it made her paws cold (no doubt) but she had a bit more fun this morning than last night as she bounded through it and sniffed everything.


Sabine wasn't the only local who had trouble figuring out how to handle the snow. Here are a couple of local kids with the day off. I must be getting old, as all I could think about for the kid on the right was, "Put a coat on, already!"

Snow Day 08 - 2010-02-12


Took this picture of a cemetery on the way to work. I had forgotten how much snow bleached the colour out of everything.

Snow Day 05 - 2010-02-12


The railroad bridge over the Ouachita River (from the Monroe side):

Snow Day 06 - 2010-02-12


The Endom Bridge, spanning the Ouachita River. They closed the bridge this morning as it's mostly metal and cars don't have any traction on it when it snows. You don't even have a choice of shooting past the barriers when the swivel it (I guess so that if the power goes out it won't impede barge traffic on the river).

Snow Day 07 - 2010-02-12

No comments: